Zoom Func. on Ring
Sets the zoom functions when using the control ring to change zoom scales. The settings for [Zoom Func. on Ring] are valid only when auto-focusing.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Zoom Func. on Ring] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Zooms in/out smoothly when you operate the zoom by turning the control ring.
- Zooms in/out to an angle of view corresponding to how far the control ring has been rotated.
- Zooms in/out at certain angle steps when you operate the zoom by turning the control ring.
- In the following situations, the zoom function activates as if [Zoom Func. on Ring] is set to [Standard], even if it is set to [Step].
- When using the W/T (zoom) lever to change the zoom scale.
- When recording movies.
- When using zoom functions other than the optical zoom.
- When the shooting mode is set to something other than [Intelligent Auto] or [Superior Auto], assign the [Zoom] function to the control ring before using the control ring.
- Selecting [Quick] increases the likelihood that the zoom sound will be recorded.