The camera shoots with automatic scene recognition. This mode takes clear images of dark or backlit scenes.For low-lit or backlit scenes, if necessary the camera may shoot multiple images and create a composite image, etc., to record higher quality images than in Intelligent Auto mode.
- Set the mode dial to (Auto Mode).
MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Auto Mode] → [Superior Auto].
- When [Mode Dial Guide] is set to [On], you can select the desired settings after you have changed the position of the mode dial.
Point the camera to the subject.
When the camera recognizes a scene, the scene recognition icon appears on the screen. If necessary, (overlay icon) may appear.
- Adjust the focus and shoot the image.
- When the product is used to create composite images, the recording process takes longer than usual.
- The product will not recognize the scene when you use zoom functions other than optical zoom.
- The product may not properly recognize a scene under some shooting conditions.
- When [Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG], the product cannot create a composite image.