Gamma Disp. Assist
Movies with S-Log gamma are assumed to be processed after shooting in order to make use of the wide dynamic range. They are therefore displayed in low contrast during shooting and may be difficult to monitor. However, using [Gamma Disp. Assist], contrast equivalent to that of normal gamma can be reproduced. In addition, [Gamma Disp. Assist] can also be applied when playing back movies on the camera's monitor/viewfinder.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Gamma Disp. Assist].
- Press the top/bottom of the control wheel and select the desired setting.
Menu item details
- Does not apply [Gamma Disp. Assist].
- Displays movies with an [S-Log2→709(800%)] effect when the gamma set in [Picture Profile] is [S-Log2]. [Gamma Disp. Assist] is not applied when the gamma is set to other than [S-Log2].
- Displays movies with an S-Log2 gamma reproducing contrast equivalent to ITU709(800%).
- When [Gamma Disp. Assist] is set to [Auto] during playback, the picture is displayed based on the current gamma setting in [Picture Profile] instead of auto-detecting the gamma value of the movie.
- [Gamma Disp. Assist] is not applied to movies when displayed on a TV or monitor connected to the camera.