Shoots an image using the self-timer after a designated number of seconds have elapsed since the shutter button was pressed.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Drive Mode] → [Self-timer].
- Select the desired mode using the right/left side of the control wheel.
Menu item details
- Self-timer: 10 Sec:
- Sets the 10-second delay self-timer.
When you press the shutter button, the self-timer lamp flashes, a beep sounds, and the shutter operates after 10 seconds. To cancel the self-timer, press the shutter button again.
- Self-timer: 2 Sec:
- Sets the 2-second delay self-timer. This reduces the camera-shake caused by pressing the shutter button.
- Press the / button of the control wheel and select (Single Shooting) to cancel the self-timer.
- The self-timer is unavailable in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- [Sports Action], [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] in [Scene Selection]
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Soft Focus], [HDR Painting], [Rich-tone Mono.], [Miniature], [Watercolor] or [Illustration]
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR]
- [ISO] is set to [Multi Frame NR]
- [Smile Shutter]