In dark environments, use the flash to light up the subject while shooting and to prevent camera-shake. When shooting against the sun, use the flash to lighten the image of the backlit subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Flash Mode] → desired setting.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
When you do not use the flash
When not using the flash, press it back into the camera body.
- When using the flash, the flash pops up automatically. Do not cover the flash with your fingers.
- If you do not need the flash, set [Flash Mode] to [Flash Off] beforehand. The flash will not pop up automatically.
- When shooting with the flash and the zoom is set to W, the shadow of the lens may appear on the screen, depending on the shooting conditions. If this happens, shoot away from the subject or set the zoom to T and shoot with the flash again.
- When using flash to shoot pictures of yourself, be careful not to look directly at the light, because the flash will go off at a close distance.