Making a Connection
Connect an audio system (e.g. home theatre system) with HDMI output to the TV, using an HDMI cable.
* Be sure to use an authorised HIGH SPEED HDMI cable bearing the HDMI logo.
- When connecting a BRAVIA Sync-compatible digital audio system with Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology, find the HDMI jack (socket) that carries the “ARC” mark (HDMI IN 1 or HDMI IN 2, depending on your model/region/country), then connect to that HDMI jack (socket) with an HDMI cable. However, if connecting a system that is not BRAVIA Sync-compatible or Audio Return Channel capable, an additional audio connection via DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) is necessary.
- See the instruction manual of the audio system for details on connection of other devices and for set-up before use.
After making a connection, press the HOME button, then select [Settings].
Select [Sound] → [Speakers] → [Audio System].
The connected audio system is turned on automatically. The volume can be controlled using the TV’s remote.
- If you connect a BRAVIA Sync-compatible device, you can control it by simply using the TV’s remote.
- You need to configure the [Digital Audio Out] settings according to your audio system. Press the button (or press the touchpad on the Touchpad Remote Control) to jump to “Setting sound for digital audio output” for details.