Shooting still images
Shoots still images.
- Set the shooting mode to (Intelligent Auto).
- Adjust the monitor angle, and hold the camera. Or look through the viewfinder and hold the camera.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator ( or ) lights.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
Image is in the focus.
Image is in the focus. The focused position will change to suit the motion of the subject.
The focusing is in progress.
The focusing has failed.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting.
- Focusing may be difficult in the following situations:
- It is dark and the subject is distant.
- The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- The subject is seen through glass.
- The subject is moving quickly.
- There is reflective light or shiny surfaces.
- There is a flashing light.
- The subject is backlit.