Selects the focusing area. Use this function when it is difficult to get the proper focus in auto focus mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Area] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focuses automatically on a subject in all ranges of the image.
When you press the shutter button halfway down in still image shooting mode, a green frame is displayed around the area that is in focus.
- Select a zone on the monitor on which to focus. A zone consists of nine focus areas, and the product automatically selects a focus area on which to focus.
- Focuses automatically on a subject in the center of the image. When used together with the AF lock function, you can compose the image you want.
- Flexible Spot:
- Allows you to move the AF range frame to the desired point on the screen and focus on an extremely small subject in a narrow area.