AF Illuminator (still image)
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. The red AF illuminator allows the product to focus easily when the shutter button is pressed halfway, until the focus is locked.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [AF Illuminator] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Auto (default setting):
- Uses the AF illuminator.
- Does not use the AF illuminator.
- Focus is achieved as long as the AF illuminator light reaches the subject, regardless of whether light fails to reach the center of the subject.
- You cannot use [AF Illuminator] in the following situations:
- In movie mode
- In [Sweep Panorama] mode
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF]
- When [Scene Selection] is set to [Landscape], [Sports Action] or [Night Scene].
- When a Mount Adaptor is attached
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Zone], the AF range finder frame is indicated by a dotted line.
- The AF illuminator emits a very bright light. Although there is no health hazard, do not look directly into the AF illuminator at close range.