Detects the faces of your subjects and adjusts the focus, exposure, flash settings and performs image processing automatically.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Smile/Face Detect.] → desired setting.
Menu item details
Off (default setting):
Does not use the [Face Detection] function.
On (Regist. Faces):
Detects the registered face with higher priority using [Face Registration].
Detects a face without giving higher priority to the registered face.
Automatically detects and shoots a smile.
Face Detection frame
- When the product detects a face, the gray face detection frame appears. When the product determines that autofocus is enabled, the face detection frame turns white. When you press the shutter button halfway down, the frame turns green.
- When the product detects two or more faces, it selects the face to be adjusted with higher priority and the face detection frame over that face turns white. The face detection frames of other registered faces will turn reddish-purple.
Tips for capturing smiles more effectively
- Do not cover the eyes with front hair and keep the eyes narrowed.
- Do not obscure the face by a hat, masks, sunglasses, etc.
- Try to orient the face in front of the product and be as level as possible.
- Give a clear smile with an open mouth. The smile is easier to be detected when the teeth are shown.
- If you press the shutter button during Smile Shutter, the product shoots the image. After shooting, the product returns to Smile Shutter mode.
- When the [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Smile Shutter], you can select the Smile Detection Sensitivity from [On: Slight Smile], [On: Normal Smile] and [On: Big Smile].
- You cannot use [Face Detection] with the following functions:
- When using zoom functions other than the optical zoom
- Up to eight faces of your subjects can be detected.
- The product may not detect faces at all or may accidentally detect other objects as faces in some conditions.
- If the product cannot detect a face, set the Smile Detection Sensitivity.
- If you track a face using [Lock-on AF] while executing [Smile Shutter], Smile Detection is performed only for that face.