Card Type Indications in Help Guide
“Memory Stick PRO Duo” media
(“Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media/“Memory Stick PRO Duo” media/“Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo” media)
(SD memory card/SDHC memory card/SDXC memory card)
- “Memory Stick PRO Duo” media, “Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media and SD cards up to 64 GB have been tested and proven to operate with this product.
When recording movies, the following memory cards are recommended:
- (Mark2) (“Memory Stick PRO Duo” media (Mark2))
- (“Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media (Mark2))
- (“Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo” media)
- Class 4 SD card or faster
- When you use a memory card with this product for the first time, it is recommended that you format the card using the product for stable performance of the memory card before shooting.
Note that formatting permanently erases all data on the memory card, and is unrecoverable. Save precious data on a computer, etc.
- If you repeatedly shoot and delete images for a long time, fragmentation of data in a file in the memory card may occur, and movie recording may be interrupted in the middle of shooting. If this happens, save your images to a computer or other storage location, then execute [Format].
- Memory card formatted with a computer is not guaranteed to operate with the product.
- Data read/write speeds differ depending on the combination of the memory card and the equipment used.
- We recommend backing up important data, such as to a hard disk of a computer.
- Do not attach a label on the memory card itself nor on a memory card adaptor.
- Do not touch the terminal section of the memory card with your hand or a metal object.
- Do not strike, bend or drop the memory card.
- Do not disassemble or modify the memory card.
- Do not expose the memory card to water.
- Do not leave the memory card within the reach of small children. They might accidentally swallow it.
- The memory card may be hot just after it has been used for a long time. Be careful when you handle it.
- Do not insert a memory card that does not fit the memory card slot. Doing so will cause a malfunction.
- Do not use or store the memory card under the following conditions:
- High temperature locations such as in a car parked under the sun
- Locations exposed to direct sunlight
- Humid locations or locations with corrosive substances present
- Images recorded on a “Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media and SDXC memory card cannot be imported to or played on computers or AV devices that are not compatible with exFAT when connected using a micro USB cable. Make sure that the device is compatible with exFAT before connecting it to the product. If you connect your product to an incompatible device, you may be prompted to format the card. Never format the card in response to this prompt, as doing so will erase all data on the card. (exFAT is the file system used on “Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media and SDXC memory cards.)
“Memory Stick” media
The types of “Memory Stick” media that can be used with the product are as follows. However, proper operation cannot be guaranteed for all “Memory Stick” media functions.
- “Memory Stick PRO Duo” media: *1*2*3
- “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo” media: *1*2
- “Memory Stick XC-HG Duo” media: *1*2
*1This “Memory Stick” is equipped with MagicGate function. MagicGate is copyright protection technology that uses encryption technology. Data recording/playback that requires MagicGate functions cannot be performed with this product.
*2High-speed data transfer using a parallel interface is supported.
*3When recording movies, only media marked with Mark2 can be used.
Notes on using “Memory Stick Micro” media (sold separately)
- This product is compatible with “Memory Stick Micro” media (“M2”). “M2” is an abbreviation for “Memory Stick Micro” media.
- To use a “Memory Stick Micro” media with this product, be sure to insert the “Memory Stick Micro” media into an “M2” Adaptor as large as Duo size. If you insert a “Memory Stick Micro” media into the product without an “M2” Adaptor as large as Duo size, you might not be able to remove it from the product.
- Do not leave the “Memory Stick Micro” media within the reach of small children. They might accidentally swallow it.