Phase Detect. Area (ILCE-7)
Sets whether or not to display the auto-focus points for Phase Detection AF.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Phase Detect. Area] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Displays the auto-focus points for Phase Detection AF.
- Off (default setting):
- Does not display the auto-focus points for Phase Detection AF.
- When the aperture value is F9.0 or above, Phase Detection AF cannot be used. Only Contrast AF is available.
- Phase Detection AF is available only with compatible lenses. If an incompatible lens is attached, you will be unable to use Phase Detection AF. Phase Detection AF may not operate even with some compatible lens, such as lenses purchased in the past that have not been updated. For details on compatible lenses, visit the Sony web site in your area, or consult your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.
- When using a Mount Adaptor (sold separately) to attach an A-Mount lens (sold separately), this product’s Phase Detection AF cannot be used.
- When shooting movies, the Phase Detection AF does not operate. The auto-focus points for the Phase Detection AF will not be displayed.