Shooting still images
Set the mode switch to (Still Image), then press the ON/OFF (Power) button.
- Hold the camera steady to determine the composition of the still image.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator lights.
- The shortest shooting distance is approximately 5 cm (0.16 ft.) (W), 150 cm (4.92 ft.) (T) (from lens).
- Macro mode may be automatically set for some shooting conditions.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
- Do not put your fingers on the flash or lens when shooting.
- When the camera cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting.
- Focusing may be difficult in the following situations:
- It is dark and the subject is distant.
- Contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- Subject is seen through glass.
- Subject is moving quickly.
- There is reflective light or shiny surfaces.
- Subject is backlit or there is a flashing light.