Shooting panoramic images
You can create a panoramic image from composite images.
- Set the mode switch to (Sweep Panorama).
- Select a shooting direction using /// (up/down/left/right) of the control button.
Align the camera with the end of the subject to be shot and press the shutter button fully.
a: This part will not be recorded.
Pan the camera to the end of the guide (A), following the indicator on the screen.
Tips for shooting a panoramic image
Pan the camera in an arc at a constant velocity in the direction indicated on the screen.
Subjects at rest are more suited for panoramic shots than moving subjects.
Radius as short as possible.
- First press the shutter button halfway so that you can lock focus and exposure. Then press the shutter button fully down and pan or tilt the camera.
- If a section with greatly varied shapes or scenery is concentrated along a screen edge, the image composition may fail. In such a case, adjust the frame composition so that the section is in the center of the image, then shoot again.
To shoot a 360 degree panoramic image
This camera is equipped with a panorama shooting function, capable of shooting a nearly 360 degree panoramic image.
Shoot a panoramic image by selecting MENU - set [Panorama Image Size] to [360°]. Recorded panoramic images can be scrolled normally when played on the camera.
Select a shooting direction using / on the control button. You cannot shoot a panoramic image in a vertical direction with [Panorama Image Size] set to [360°].
The image actually recorded may not cover 360 degrees, depending on the subject or the way it is shot.
- If you cannot pan the camera across the entire subject within the given time, a gray area occurs in the composite image. If this happens, move the camera faster to record a full panoramic image.
- Since several images are stitched together, the stitched part will not be recorded smoothly.
- When the whole angle of panoramic shooting and the AE/AF locked angle are very different in brightness, color and focus, the shooting will not be successful. If this happens, change the AE/AF locked angle and shoot again.
- You cannot create panoramic images in the following situations:
- You pan the camera too quickly or too slowly.
- There is too much camera shake.