Color tones are adjusted according to surrounding light conditions. Use this function if image color appears unnatural.
- MENU - (White Balance) - desired mode
Adjusts white balance automatically so that colors appear natural.
Adjusts for outdoors conditions on a fine day, evening views, night scenes, neon signs, fireworks, etc.
Adjusts for a cloudy sky or a shady location.
(Fluorescent White Balance 1):
Adjusts for white fluorescent lighting.
(Fluorescent White Balance 2):
Adjusts for natural white fluorescent lighting.
(Fluorescent White Balance 3):
Adjusts for daylight fluorescent lighting.
Adjusts for places under incandescent lamp, or under bright lighting, such as in a photo studio.
Adjusts for flash conditions.
Adjusts white balance depending on the light source. Use this mode when [Auto] and other settings do not provide accurate colors.
(One Push Set):
Memorizes the basic white color which will be used in [One Push] mode.
- When shooting with a flash in other than [Flash] mode, [White Balance] is set to [Auto].
- When [Flash] is [On] or [Slow Synchro], white balance can only be adjusted to [Auto], [Flash], [One Push] or [One Push Set].
To capture a basic white color in [One Push Set] mode
- Frame a white object such as a piece of paper filling the screen under the same lighting conditions as you will shoot the subject.
- MENU - (White Balance) - [One Push Set] - on the control button
The screen momentarily turns black, and when white balance has been adjusted and stored in memory, the recording screen is displayed again.
- If the indicator flashes while shooting, white balance is either not set or cannot be set. Use automatic white balance.
- Do not shake or strike the camera while [One Push Set] is in progress.
- When flash mode is set to [On]or [Slow Synchro], white balance is adjusted to the condition with the flash emitting.