When the camera detects a smile, the shutter is released automatically.
- Press (Smile Shutter) on the control button.
- Wait for a smile to be detected. When a smile is detected and the smile level exceeds the point on the indicator, the camera records images automatically.
- To stop shooting, press (Smile Shutter) again.
Tips for better capturing of smiles
- Do not cover the eyes with bangs. Do not obscure the face by hat, mask, sunglasses, etc.
- Try to orient the face in front of the camera and be as level as possible. Keep eyes narrowed.
- Give a clear smile with an open mouth. The smile is easier to detect when teeth are showing.
- The shutter operates when any person whose face is being detected smiles.
- If a smile is not detected, select MENU - [Smile Detection Sensitivity], then set the value to [Slight Smile].
- Shooting using the Smile Shutter ends automatically when either the memory card or internal memory becomes full.
- Smiles may not be detected correctly depending on the conditions.
- You cannot use the digital zoom function.