Memory card can be used in the camera is listed below.
Memory Stick PRO Duo media:
(Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media/Memory Stick PRO Duo media/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media)
Memory Stick Micro media:
(Memory Stick Micro (M2) media/Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) media)
SD memory card:
(SD memory card/SDHC memory card/SDXC memory card)
microSD memory card:
(microSD memory card/microSDHC memory card/microSDXC memory card)
- Memory Stick PRO Duo media of up to 64 GB and SD memory cards of up to 64 GB have been tested and proven to operate with your camera.
- Memory Stick Micro media of up to 16 GB and microSD memory cards of up to 64 GB have been tested and proven to operate with your camera.
- When recording movies, it is recommended that you use the following memory cards:
- (Mark2) (Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2) media)
- (Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media)
- (Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media)
- (Mark2) (Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) media)
- SD card (Class 4 or faster), microSD memory card (Class 4 or faster)
- To ensure stable operation of the memory card, we recommend that you use this camera to format any memory card being used with this camera for the first time. Note that formatting will erase all data recorded on the memory card. This data cannot be restored. Be sure to back up any important data to a PC or other storage location.
- If you repeatedly record/delete images over a long period of time, fragmentation of data may occur on the memory card and movies may not be recorded properly. In such a case, save your images to a computer or other storage location, then [Format].
- A memory card formatted with a computer is not guaranteed to operate with the camera.
- Data read/write speeds differ depending on the combination of the memory card and the equipment used.
- We recommend backing up important data.
- Do not attach a label on the memory card itself nor on a memory card adaptor.
- Do not touch the terminal section of the memory card with your hand or a metal object.
- Do not strike, bend or drop the memory card.
- Do not disassemble or modify the memory card.
- Do not expose the memory card to water.
- Do not leave the memory card within the reach of small children. They might accidentally swallow it.
- Be aware that the memory card will be hot immediately after it has been used for a long time.
- Insert a memory card that fits the memory card slot size. Otherwise, it will cause a malfunction.
- Do not use or store the memory card under the following conditions:
- High temperature locations such as the hot interior of a car parked in direct sunlight
- Locations exposed to direct sunlight
- Humid locations or locations with corrosive substances present
- Images recorded in Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media, SDXC memory cards, or micro SDXC memory cards cannot be transferred or played back on computers or AV devices that are not exFAT-compatible, even when the camera is connected to the computer or AV device using a USB cable. Before connecting, make sure that the device is exFAT-compatible. If connected to a device that is not exFAT-compatible, a format drive request may appear. Do not format the drive, or all data will be lost. (exFAT is the file system used by Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media, SDXC memory cards and microSDXC memory cards.)
Note on using the memory card adaptor (sold separately)
- When inserting a memory card into a memory card adaptor, make sure the memory card is inserted facing in the correct direction, then insert it all the way in. Incorrect insertion may result in a malfunction.
- When using Memory Stick Micro media or a microSD memory card, be sure to insert into the dedicated memory card adaptor.
Memory Stick media
The types of Memory Stick media that can be used with the camera are listed below. However, proper operation cannot be guaranteed for all Memory Stick media functions.
- Memory Stick PRO Duo media: *1*2*3
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media: *1*2
- Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media: *1*2
- Memory Stick Micro (M2) media: *1
- Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) media: *1
*1 Memory Stick Duo media, MagicGate Memory Stick Duo media, Memory Stick PRO Duo media, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media and Memory Stick Micro media are equipped with MagicGate functions. MagicGate is copyright protection technology that uses encryption technology. Data recording/playback that requires MagicGate functions cannot be performed with the camera.
*2 High-speed data transfer using a parallel interface is supported.
*3 [1280x720] size movies can be recorded.
Notes on using Memory Stick Micro media (sold separately)
- This product is compatible with Memory Stick Micro media (M2). M2 is an abbreviation for Memory Stick Micro media.
- To use a Memory Stick Micro media with the camera, be sure to insert the Memory Stick Micro media into an M2 Adaptor as large as of Duo size. If you insert a Memory Stick Micro media into the camera without an M2 Adaptor as large as of Duo size, you might not be able to remove it from the camera.
- Do not leave the Memory Stick Micro media within the reach of small children. They might accidentally swallow it.