Selects digital zoom mode. The camera enlarges the image using optical zoom (up to 8×). When the zoom scale is exceeded, the camera uses either smart or precision digital zoom.
- Set the camera to shooting mode.
- MENU - (Settings) - (Shooting Settings) - [Digital Zoom] - desired mode - on the control button
Enlarges the image digitally within the range where the image will not be distorted, according to the image size (Smart zoom).
Enlarges all image sizes by the total zoom scale of approximately 32×, including the optical zoom 8×. However, note that image quality deteriorates when the optical zoom scale is exceeded (Precision digital zoom).
Does not use digital zoom.
- [Digital Zoom] is not available in the following situations:
- In [Sweep Panorama]
- When the Smile Shutter function is activated.
- When [Self-Timer] is set to [Self-portrait One Person] or [Self-portrait Two People].
- Smart zoom is not available when you record movies or the image size is set to [20M] or [16:9 (15M)].
- The Face Detection function does not operate in the range of [Digital Zoom].
Total zoom scale when using Smart zoom (including optical zoom 8×)
The supported zoom ratio differs depending on image size.
Image size and total zoom scale:
10M: Approx. 11×
5M: Approx. 15×
VGA: Approx. 64×
16:9(2M): Approx. 21×