You can select the frame rate to be used to record AVCHD movies. Using 60i(*) or 50i(**) is recommended for standard recording. Set [Frame Rate] first, before setting [REC Mode].
- - [Image Quality/Size] - [Frame Rate] - desired setting.
Descriptions of menu items
- 60i(*)/50i(**) (default setting):
- This is an ordinary setting for recording.
- You can record movies with a volume of data twice that of 60i(*) or 50i(**) per unit time. When you play a movie recorded with this setting on a TV, the TV must be compatible with 60p(*) or 50p(**) movie playback and you have to set [HDMI Resolution] to 1080p.
- You can record movies which provide an atmosphere closer to that of film images with this setting. It is recommended that you record movies with this setting using a tripod.
*Models with the NTSC color system
**Models with the PAL color system
- The media that the recorded images can be saved on will depend on the recording mode that has been set during recording.