Reduces power consumption by automatically turning the picture off and switching the TV to standby mode when no viewer is detected.
This feature reduces power consumption by monitoring a viewer presence via the built-in sensor. When no viewer is detected in front of the TV for a preset time, the picture automatically turns off, while leaving only the TV sound on. Additionally, after 30 minutes in picture off mode, the TV will switch to standby mode.
To set [Presence Sensor], press HOME, then select → [System Settings] → [Eco] → [Presence Sensor] → the desired option.
Presence Sensor detection range
- Sensor detection range illustrated in the figure is based on normal room conditions.
- Even if a person is in front of the TV, the sensor may not detect anything if the person does not move.
- The sensor may not work when the ambient temperature changes due to air conditioning, etc.
- The sensor is sensitive to movement from side to side and up and down and is less sensitive to the viewer’s forward or backward movement.
- Sensor detection range may vary depending on the TV’s location, room temperature and lighting conditions.