Intelligent Presence Sensor
Detects facial patterns and viewer movements via the built-in camera-based sensor for reduced power consumption and comfortable TV viewing.
This feature detects facial patterns and viewer movements via the built-in camera-based sensor for reduced power consumption and comfortable TV viewing. You can check if detection is correctly performed on the setting screen.
- Presence Sensor
Monitors facial patterns and viewer movements to reduce power consumption. If no viewer is detected, the screen darkens, or the picture turns off while the sound stays on. (The behaviour varies depending on the setting.) You can also set to switch the TV to standby mode after 30 minutes in picture off mode.
To set [Presence Sensor], press HOME, then select → [System Settings] → [Eco] → [Presence Sensor] → the desired option.
- Distance Alert
Identifies child viewers and ensures that a suitable viewing distance is maintained. If children approach within about 1 m of the screen, the picture turns off with a warning message and warning sound.
To set [Distance Alert], press HOME, then select → [System Settings] → [Distance Alert] → the desired option.
- Position Control
Detects the viewing position, adjusts the volume balance between the left and right speakers, and optimises the TV picture.
If you set [External Device Control] to [On], the viewing position information will be applied to the connected HDMI device. This can optimise the sound of a compatible audio device.
To set [Position Control], press HOME, then select → [System Settings] → [Position Control] → the desired option.
- The images captured by the built-in camera-based sensor cannot be recorded or transferred.
- Each function works only after the sensor recognises viewers’ facial patterns. Activation may take about a minute.
- Going to the Home Menu or Options Menu, etc., deactivates these functions; facial patterns will need to be recognised once again by the sensor to reactivate them.
- Facial patterns may not be detected properly depending on individuals.
- The [Distance Alert] function may not work properly if a child runs towards the TV.
Intelligent Presence Sensor detection range
- The sensor monitors up to 5 viewers’ activities in front of the TV.
- Sensor detection range may vary depending on the TV’s location and room conditions.
- Sensor detection range may be reduced if the TV is placed to the rear of the theatre stand or TV cabinet.
- Do not put anything near the sensor. Doing so may affect its function.