Making a Connection
Connect an audio system (e.g. home theatre system) with HDMI output to the TV, using an HDMI cable.
* Be sure to use an authorised HIGH SPEED HDMI cable bearing the HDMI logo.
- When connecting a “BRAVIA” Sync-compatible digital audio system and Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology, connect to HDMI IN 1 with an HDMI cable. However, if connecting a system that is not “BRAVIA” Sync-compatible or Audio Return Channel, an additional audio connection via DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) is necessary.
- See the instruction manual of the audio system for details on connection of other devices and for set-up before use.
After making a connection, press the HOME button, then select [Settings] using the / buttons.
Select [Sound] using the / buttons, then press the button.
Select [Speakers] using the / buttons, then press the button.
Select [Audio System] using the / buttons, then press the button.
The connected audio system is turned on automatically. The volume can be controlled using the TV’s remote.
To return to the last viewed source, press the HOME button twice.
- If you connect a “BRAVIA” Sync-compatible device, you can control it by simply using the TV’s remote.
- You need to configure the [Digital Audio Out] settings according to your audio system. Press the button to jump to “Setting sound for digital audio out” for details.
Jump to the page