USB Recording Symptoms
- Check that the USB HDD device is:
- - connected properly.
- - turned on.
- - registered to the TV.
- Connecting the USB HDD device via a USB hub is not supported.
- Perform [HDD Performance check] to check that the USB HDD’s specifications meet the requirements.
- Check the remaining space in the HDD. If little space is left, delete unnecessary content.
- The following programmes cannot be recorded.
- - Copy-protected programmes
- - Analogue programmes
- - Programmes from external inputs (including programmes from a connected set-top box)
- - Broadband videos
- Timer recording may not be possible if the broadcasting time of the programme is changed.
- Recording cannot be performed if the AC power cord (mains lead) or connecting cable is disconnected during recording. Do not disconnect any cable during recording. Otherwise, the content being recorded or all recorded content may be lost.
- The pause mode is cancelled if the following remote buttons are pressed, and the temporarily recorded content is deleted.
, RETURN, GUIDE, i-MANUAL, HOME, PROG +/-, , number buttons.
- The connected USB HDD may rotate or the device’s LED indicator may light up while the TV obtains EPG data during standby mode.