Making a Connection
Connect your PC with dedicated cables to enjoy music, pictures and other content stored in it.
You can also use an HDMI cable if your PC is compatible with HDMI.
* It is recommended to use a PC cable with ferrites, such as the “Connector, D-sub 15” (ref. 1-793-504-11, available in Sony Service Centre), or an equivalent.
Corresponding PC input signal
(Resolution, Horizontal frequency/Vertical frequency)
- 640 x 480, 31.5 kHz/60 Hz
- 800 x 600, 37.9 kHz/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768, 48.4 kHz/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768, 47.4 kHz/60 Hz and 47.8 kHz/60 Hz
- 1360 x 768, 47.7 kHz/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024, 64.0 kHz/60 Hz (Full HD model only)
- 1920 x 1080, 67.5 kHz/60 Hz (Full HD model only)*
* The 1080p timing, when applied to the HDMI input, will be treated as a video timing and not a PC timing. This will affect the [System Settings] and [Display] settings. To view PC content, set [Scene Select] to [Graphics], [Screen Format]/[Wide Mode] to [Full], and [Display Area] to [Full Pixel]. ([Display Area] is configurable only when [Auto Display Area] is set to [Off].)
- This TV’s PC input does not support Sync on Green or Composite Sync.
- This TV’s PC input does not support interlaced signals.
- For optimum picture quality, it is recommended that you use the signals in the chart. In plug and play, signals with a 60 Hz vertical frequency will be detected automatically. (PC reboot may be necessary.)