Required network environment
Confirm the supported environment described below.
You need to connect the HDD AUDIO PLAYER to a network that can access the Internet if you want to play music services (*).
* Some music services may not be available depending on your country or region.
Wired LAN (using a LAN cable)
LAN (10/100/1000) port:
(The network speed may differ depending on the network environment.)
- We recommend using a LAN cable that is Cat5 or higher. A normal-type cable is also recommended, as some flat-type LAN cables are easily affected by noise.
- If the receiver is used in an environment with power supply noise from electronic devices or in a noisy network environment, use a shielded-type LAN cable.
Wi-Fi (using a wireless LAN network)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi devices work on the 2.4 GHz band, which is used by a variety of devices. Wi-Fi devices use technology to minimize radio interference from other devices that use the same band. However, radio interference may still cause slower data transfer rates, reduce the communication range, or cause communication failure.
- The data transfer rate and communication range may vary depending on the following conditions:
- Distance between devices
- Presence of obstacles between devices
- Device configuration
- Signal conditions
- Surrounding environment (wall material, etc.)
- Software in use
- Communications may be cut off depending on signal conditions.
- The HDD AUDIO PLAYER does not support 5 GHz band Wi-Fi.
- The data transfer rate for IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11n (2.4 GHz) devices may be affected by interference when used with IEEE 802.11b products. Also, products using IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11n automatically lower the transfer rate to maintain compatibility with IEEE 802.11b products. The normal transfer rate may be regained by changing the channel settings of your access point.
- When the data transfer rate is not as fast as expected, changing the wireless channel on the access point may increase the rate.
- If a communication failure occurs while transferring music files, updating the firmware of your access point may improve the communication status.