The camera focuses on the subject's eyes while you keep the button pressed.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Custom Key Settings] → assign the [Eye AF] function to the desired button.
- Point the camera at a person's face, and press the button to which you have assigned the [Eye AF] function.
- Press the shutter button while pressing the button.
- The camera may not be able to focus on the eyes depending on the circumstances, such as when no eyes can be detected within the auto focus area. In such cases, the camera detects a face and focuses on the face.
- If the camera cannot detect a person’s face, you cannot use [Eye AF].
- Depending on the circumstances, you cannot use [Eye AF], such as when the focus mode is set to C (Continuous AF) or MF (Manual Focus), etc.
- [Eye AF] may not function in the following situations:
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the front hair covers the person’s eyes.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- When the camera focuses on the eyes and [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [On], a detection frame is displayed on the face after it is displayed on the eyes. When [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Off], a detection frame is displayed on the eyes for a certain time.