You can shoot images without the shutter sound.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Silent Shooting] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- You can shoot images without the shutter sound.
- Off (default setting):
- [Silent Shooting] is deactivated.
- Use the [Silent Shooting] function on your own responsibility, while taking sufficient consideration to the privacy and portrait rights of the subject.
- Even if [Silent Shooting] is set to [On], it will not be completely silent.
- Even if [Silent Shooting] is set to [On], the operating sound of the aperture and focus will sound.
- When shooting still images using the [Silent Shooting] function with low ISO sensitivity, if you point the camera at a very bright light source, high intensity areas on the monitor may be recorded in darker tones.
- When the power is turned off, the shutter sound may beep in rare occasions. This is not a malfunction.
- Image distortion caused by the movement of the subject or the camera may occur.
- If you shoot images under instantaneous lightning or flickering lights, such as the flash light from other cameras or fluorescent lighting, a striping effect may occur on the image.
- If you want to turn off the beep that sounds when the subject is in focus or the self-timer operates, set [Audio signals] to [Off].
- Even if [Silent Shooting] is set to [On], the shutter sound may beep under the following circumstances:
- [White Balance] is set to [Custom Setup]
- [Face Registration]
- You cannot select [Silent Shooting] when the mode dial is set to other than P/A/S/M.
- When [Silent Shooting] is set to [On], the following functions are not available:
Flash shooting/Auto HDR/Picture Effect/Picture Profile/Long Exposure NR/e-Front Curtain Shut./S. Auto Img. Extract./BULB shooting/Multi Frame NR
- When shooting using a function downloaded from PlayMemories Camera Apps, [Silent Shooting] is canceled.
- The minimum value for ISO sensitivity is ISO 100.
- After you turn the camera on, the time in which you can start recording is extended by 0.5 seconds.