D-Range Opt. (DRO)
By dividing the image into small areas, the product analyzes the contrast of light and shadow between the subject and the background, and creates an image with the optimal brightness and gradation.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [DRO/Auto HDR] → [D-Range Opt.].
- Select the desired setting using the left/right side of the control wheel.
Menu item details
- D-Range Optimizer: Auto (default setting):
- Corrects the brightness automatically.
- D-Range Optimizer: Lv1 ― D-Range Optimizer: Lv5:
- Optimizes the gradation of a recorded image for each divided area. Select the optimization level from Lv1 (weak) to Lv5 (strong).
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is fixed to [Off] when the shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama], or when [Picture Effect] is used.
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is fixed to [Off] when [Sunset], [Night Scene], [Night Portrait], [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur] is selected in [Scene Selection]. The setting is fixed to [D-Range Optimizer: Auto] when other modes are selected in [Scene Selection].
- When shooting with [D-Range Opt.], the image may be noisy. Select the proper level by checking the recorded image, especially when you enhance the effect.