Selects the focus method to suit the movement of the subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
The product locks the focus when the focus adjustment is achieved. Use [Single-shot AF] when the subject is motionless.
(Automatic AF) (default setting):
[Single-shot AF] and [Continuous AF] are switched according to the movement of the subject. When the shutter button is pressed halfway down, the product locks the focus when it determines that the subject is motionless, or continues to focus when the subject is in motion.
During continuous shooting, the product automatically shoots with Continuous AF from the second shot.
The product continues to focus while the shutter button is pressed and held halfway down. Use this when the subject is in motion.
Allows you to use manual focus and auto focus in combination.
Adjusts the focus manually.
- If the subject is too close, the image may show any dust or fingerprints on the lens. Wipe the lens with a soft cloth, etc.
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF], the beep does not sound when focus is achieved.
- [Automatic AF] is available only when you are using a lens that supports focal plane phase detection AF.
- When [Focus Area] is [Wide] or [Zone], the focus range finder frame may change after you achieve focus using [Automatic AF] mode.