Sensitivity to light is expressed by the ISO number (recommended exposure index). The larger the number, the higher the sensitivity.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [ISO] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- ISO AUTO (default setting):
- Sets the ISO sensitivity automatically.
100 / 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 / 16000 / 20000 / 25600:
You can reduce image blurring in dark locations or with moving subjects by increasing the ISO sensitivity (select a larger number).
- [ISO AUTO] is selected when using the following functions:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Scene Selection]
- [Sweep Panorama]
- The higher the ISO value, the more noise will appear on the images.
- When shooting movies, ISO values between ISO 100 and ISO 12800 are available. If the ISO value is set to larger value than ISO 12800, the setting is automatically switched to ISO 12800. When you finished the movie recording, the ISO value returns to the original setting.