Selects the focusing area. Use this function when it is difficult to get the proper focus in auto focus mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Area] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focuses automatically on a subject in all ranges of the image.
When you press the shutter button halfway down in still image shooting mode, a green frame is displayed around the area that is in focus.
- Select a zone on the monitor on which to focus. A zone consists of nine focus areas, and the product automatically selects a focus area on which to focus.
- Focuses automatically on a subject in the center of the image. When used together with the AF lock function, you can compose the image you want.
- Flexible Spot:
- Allows you to move the AF range frame to the desired point on the screen and focus on an extremely small subject in a narrow area.
- Lock-on AF:
- When the shutter button is pressed and held halfway down, the product tracks the subject within the selected autofocus area. Point the cursor to [Lock-on AF] on the [Focus Area] setting screen, then select the desired tracking start area using the left/right sides of the control wheel. You can move the tracking start area to the desired point by designating the area to be the flexible spot.
- When [Focus Mode] is [Continuous AF] and [Focus Area] is [Wide] or [Zone], the focus range finder frame may change after the focus is achieved.
- When [AF Illuminator] is [Auto] and [Focus Area] is [Wide] or [Zone], an AF range finder frame may be shown by the dotted line.