Shooting still images using touch operation (Touch Shutter)
The product automatically focuses on the point you touch and takes a still picture.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Touch Shoot. Set.] → [Touch Shutter]
- Touch the icon on the monitor while the shooting screen is displayed.
The mark to the left of the icon turns orange. To cancel [Touch Shutter], touch the icon again.
- Touch the subject to focus on.
When the subject you touched is in focus, a still image is recorded.
HintYou can operate the shooting functions below by touching the monitor:
- Shooting burst images using the touch shutter
When [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting], you can record burst images while touching the monitor.
- Shooting burst images of sports scenes using the touch shutter
When [Scene Selection] is set to [Sports Action], you can record burst images while touching the monitor.
- Shooting continuous bracket images using the touch shutter
The product shoots three images while automatically shifting the exposure from base, to darker, and then to lighter. When [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Bracket], keep touching the monitor until the shooting ends.
After the recording you can select the image you prefer.
- The [Touch Shutter] function is unavailable in the following situations:
- When [Shoot Mode] is set to [Movie]
- When [Shoot Mode] is set to [Sweep Panorama]
- When [Scene Selection] is set to [Night Scene]
- When [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Smile Shutter]
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Manual Focus]
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Flexible Spot]
- While using Digital Zoom
- You cannot shoot images using [Touch Shutter] with applications downloaded from the website.