AF Illuminator (still image)
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. In the time between pressing the shutter button halfway down and locking the focus, the AF illuminator lights up to allow the camera to focus easily.
If the Multi Interface Shoe is equipped with a flash with an AF illuminator function, when the flash is turned on, the AF illuminator will turn on as well.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF Illuminator] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The AF illuminator lights up automatically in dark surroundings.
- Does not use the AF illuminator.
- You cannot use [AF Illuminator] in the following situations:
- When the shooting mode is [Movie] or [S&Q Motion].
- When [ Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF] or [Automatic AF] and the subject is moving (when the focus indicator /lights up).
- When [Focus Magnifier] is activated.
- When a Mount Adaptor is attached.
- The AF illuminator emits a very bright light. Although there is no health hazard, do not look directly into the AF illuminator at close range.