Shoots images continuously while you press and hold down the shutter button.
- Select / (Drive Mode) of the control wheel → [Cont. Shooting].
- You can also set the continuous shooting by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Drive Mode].
- Select the desired mode using the right/left side of the control wheel.
Menu item details
- Continuous Shooting: Hi+ :
- Images are shot continuously at the maximum speed while you press and hold down the shutter button.
- Continuous Shooting: Hi /Continuous Shooting: Mid/Continuous Shooting: Lo:
- Subjects are easier to track because the subject is displayed in real-time on the monitor or viewfinder during shooting.
Number of still images recordable with continuous shooting
The following table shows estimated numbers of recordable still images with [Drive Mode] set to [Continuous Shooting: Hi+]. The numbers may vary depending on the shooting conditions and the memory card.
[JPEG Image Size]: [L:24M]
|File Format/JPEG Quality||Number of images|
|JPEG Fine||Approx. 223 images|
|JPEG Extra fine||Approx. 215 images|
|RAW (Compressed RAW)||Approx. 115 images|
|RAW & JPEG (Compressed RAW)*||Approx. 86 images|
|RAW (Uncompressed RAW)||Approx. 45 images|
|RAW & JPEG (Uncompressed RAW)*||Approx. 39 images|
* [JPEG Quality] when [RAW & JPEG] is selected: [Fine]
- To continuously adjust the focus and exposure during continuous shooting, set as follows:
- [Focus Mode]: [Continuous AF]
- [AEL w/ shutter]: [Off] or [Auto]
- The shooting speed during continuous shooting becomes slower when [RAW File Type] is set to [Uncompressed].
- When the F-value is greater than F11 in [Continuous Shooting: Hi+], [Continuous Shooting: Hi] or [Continuous Shooting: Mid] mode, the focus is locked to the setting in the first shot.
- The subject is not displayed in real-time on the monitor or viewfinder when shooting in [Continuous Shooting: Hi+] mode.
Continuous shooting is unavailable in the following situations:
- [Picture Effect] is set to one of the following: [Rich-tone Mono.]
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR].
- The speed of continuous shooting decreases when you shoot with a flash.