D-Range Optimizer (DRO)
By dividing the image into small areas, the product analyzes the contrast of light and shadow between the subject and the background, and creates an image with the optimal brightness and gradation.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [DRO/Auto HDR] → [D-Range Optimizer].
- Select the desired setting using the left/right sides of the control wheel.
Menu item details
- D-Range Optimizer: Auto:
- Corrects the brightness automatically.
- D-Range Optimizer: Lv1 ― D-Range Optimizer: Lv5:
- Optimizes the gradation of a recorded image for each divided area. Select the optimization level from Lv1 (weak) to Lv5 (strong).
In the following situations, [DRO/Auto HDR] is fixed to [Off]:
- When [Picture Effect] is set to other than [Off]
- When [Picture Profile] is set to other than [Off]
- When shooting with [D-Range Optimizer], the image may be noisy. Select the proper level by checking the recorded image, especially when you enhance the effect.