File Format (still image)
Sets the file format for still images.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [File Format] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Digital processing is not performed on this file format. Select this format to process images on a computer for professional purposes.
- RAW & JPEG:
- A RAW image and a JPEG image are created at the same time. This is suitable when you need two image files, a JPEG for viewing, and a RAW for editing.
- The image is recorded in the JPEG format.
About RAW images
- To open a RAW image file recorded with this camera, the software Imaging Edge Desktop is needed. With Imaging Edge Desktop, you can open a RAW image file, then convert it into a popular image format such as JPEG or TIFF, or readjust the white balance, saturation or contrast of the image.
- You cannot apply [Auto HDR] or [Picture Effect] functions with RAW images.
RAW images recorded with this camera have a resolution of 14 bits per pixel. However, resolution is limited to 12 bits in the following shooting modes:
- [Long Exposure NR]
- [Cont. Shooting] when [RAW File Type] is set to [Compressed]
- You can set whether RAW images are compressed or uncompressed using [RAW File Type].
- If you do not intend to edit the images on your computer, we recommend that you record in JPEG format.
- You cannot add DPOF (print order) registration marks to RAW images.