Aperture Drive in AF (still image)
Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize the auto-focusing tracking performance or to prioritize silence.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Aperture Drive in AF] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focus Priority:
- Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize auto-focusing performance.
- Uses the standard aperture drive system.
- Silent Priority:
- Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize silence so that the sound from the aperture drive is quieter than in [Standard].
- When [Focus Priority] is selected, sound from the aperture drive may be audible, or the aperture effect may not be visible on the monitor. To avoid these phenomena, change the setting to [Standard].
- When [Silent Priority] is selected, the focusing speed may become slower, and it may be more difficult to focus on a subject.
- The effect may differ depending on the lens you use and the shooting conditions.