FE 28-60mm F4-5.6
- Focusing ring
- Zooming ring
- Focal-length scale
When shooting, rotate the zooming ring until the focal-length index comes within the focal-length scale range (A) to extend the lens.
- Lens mount rubber ring
- Mounting index
- Lens contacts*
- Lens retraction index
After shooting, rotate the zooming ring until the lens retraction index reaches the focal-length index to retract the lens.
- Focal-length index
* Do not touch this part directly.
Focal length: 28 – 60 mm
35mm equivalent focal length*1: 42 – 90 mm
Lens groups-elements: 7 – 8
Angle of view 1*2: 75° – 40°
Angle of view 2*2: 54° – 27°
Minimum focus*3: 0.3 – 0.45 m (0.99 – 1.48 ft.)
Maximum magnification: 0.16×
Minimum aperture: f/22 – f/32
Filter diameter: 40.5 mm
Dimensions (max. diameter × height): Approx. 66.6 mm × 45 mm (Approx. 2 5/8 inches × 1 13/16 inches)
Mass: Approx. 167 g (Approx. 5.9 oz.)
*1This is the equivalent focal length in 35mm format when mounted on an Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera equipped with an APS-C sized image sensor.
*2Angle of view 1 is the value for 35mm cameras, and angle of view 2 is the value for Interchangeable Lens Digital Cameras equipped with an APS-C sized image sensor.
*3Minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the subject.
Lens (1), Front Lens Cap (1), Rear Lens Cap (1)
- If you use this lens attached to a camera other than this model, an alert may not appear on the monitor or the viewfinder even when the focal-length index is outside the range of the focal-length scale. In such cases, the camera shoots images as follows.
- The aperture value is locked at F14.
- The focus mode is locked to manual focusing, but you cannot adjust the focus using the focusing ring.
- The ending of the lens name in the Exif information is recorded as "(Retract)" or "F0" when the image is shot with the lens retracted.