AF w/ Shutter
Selects whether to focus automatically when you press the shutter button halfway down. Select [Off] to adjust the focus and the exposure separately.
- MENU → (Focus) → [AF/MF] → [AF w/ Shutter] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The auto focus operates when you press the shutter button halfway down.
- The auto focus does not operate even if you press the shutter button halfway down.
Useful method to micro-adjust the focus
When an A-mount lens is attached, activating the auto focus function with a button other than the shutter button lets you focus more precisely in combination with manual focusing.
- Set [AF w/ Shutter] to [Off].
- MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [Custom Key Setting] or [Custom Key Setting] → assign the [Focus Magnifier] function to the desired key.
- Press the AF-ON button to focus.
- Press the key to which the [Focus Magnifier] function is assigned, and then rotate the focus ring for micro-adjustments of the focus.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.