APS-C S35 (Super 35mm) Shooting (still image/movie)
Sets whether or not to record with the angle of view of APS-C for still images and with an angle of view equivalent to Super 35mm for movies. If you select [On] or [Auto], you can use an APS-C size dedicated lens on this product.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Image Quality] → [ Shooting] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Records in either APS-C-equivalent size or Super 35mm-equivalent size.
When [On] is selected, the angle of view becomes approximately 1.5 times the focal length indicated on the lens.
- Automatically sets the capture range according to the lens, and camera settings.
- Always captures 35mm full-frame image sensor pictures.
- When you attach an APS-C-compatible lens and set [ Shooting] to [Off], you may not achieve optimal shooting results. For example, the edges of the image may become darker.
- When [ Shooting] is set to [On], the angle of view is the same as when shooting with an APS-C-size image sensor.
- [ Shooting] is locked to [Off] when shooting movies in 4K 120p/100p or 8K. We recommend using a lens compatible with the 35 mm full-frame format.