Using the keyboard
When manual character entry is required, a keyboard is displayed on the screen. For examples of functions that use the keyboard, see "Related Topic" at the bottom of this page.
- Input box
The characters you entered are displayed.
- Switch character types
Each time you press this key, the character type will switch between alphabet letters, numerals and symbols.
Each time you press this key, the characters corresponding to that key will be displayed one-by-one in order. To switch letters from lower to upper case, press (Up arrow).
- (Left arrow)
Moves the cursor in the input box to the left.
- (Right arrow)
Moves the cursor in the input box to the right. This key is also used to finalize the input of a character being edited and move to the next character.
Deletes the character preceding the cursor.
- (Up arrow)
Switches a letter to upper or lower case.
Enters a space.
Press this key after entering characters to finalize the entered characters.
The procedure for entering alphabetic characters is explained below.
- Use the control wheel to move the cursor to the desired key.
- Each time you press the center of the control wheel, the characters will change
- To switch the letter to upper or lower case, press (Up arrow).
- When the character that you want to enter appears, press (Right arrow) to confirm the character.
- Make sure to confirm one character at a time. Unless a character is confirmed, you cannot enter the next character.
- Even if you do not press (Right arrow), the entered character will be automatically confirmed after several seconds.
- After you finish entering all characters, press [OK] to finalize the entered characters.
- To cancel input, select [Cancel].