Interval Shoot Func.
You can automatically shoot a series of still images with the shooting interval and number of shots that you set in advance (Interval shooting). On this camera, you cannot create a movie from still images produced by interval shooting.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Drive Mode] → [Interval Shoot Func.] → [Interval Shooting] → [On].
MENU → (Shooting) → [Drive Mode] → [Interval Shoot Func.] → Select an item to set, and then select the desired setting.
Press the shutter button.
When the time set for [Shooting Start Time] has elapsed, shooting will start.
- When the number of shots set for [Number of Shots] is completed, the camera will return to the standby screen for interval shooting.
Menu item details
- Interval Shooting:
- Sets whether to perform interval shooting. ([Off]/[On])
- Shooting Start Time:
- Sets the time from when you press the shutter button to when interval shooting starts. (1 second to 99 minutes 59 seconds)
- Shooting Interval:
- Sets the shooting interval (time from when one exposure starts to when the exposure for the next shot starts). (1 second to 60 seconds)
- Number of Shots:
- Sets the number of shots for interval shooting. (1 shot to 9999 shots)
- AE Tracking Sensitivity:
- Sets the tracking sensitivity of the auto exposure against the change in luminance during interval shooting. If you select [Low], exposure changes during interval shooting will be smoother. ([High]/[Mid]/[Low])
- Shutter Type in Interval:
- Sets the shutter type during interval shooting. ([Mechanical Shutter]/[Electronic Shutter])
- Shoot Interval Priority:
- Sets whether or not to prioritize the shooting interval when the exposure mode is [Program Auto] or [Aperture Priority] and the shutter speed becomes longer than the time set for [Shooting Interval]. ([Off]/[On])
- If you press the shutter button during interval shooting, interval shooting will end and the camera will return to the standby screen for interval shooting.
- To return to the normal shooting mode, set [Interval Shooting] to [Off].
- If you press a key to which one of the following functions has been assigned at the moment when shooting starts, the function will remain active during interval shooting even without you holding down the button.
- [AEL hold]
- [ AEL hold]
- [AF/MF Selector Hold]
- [Regist. AF Area hold]
- [AWB Lock Hold]
- [My Dial 1 during Hold] to [My Dial 3 during Hold]
- If you set [Display as Group] to [On], still images shot with the interval shooting function will be displayed in groups.
- Still images shot with interval shooting can be played back continuously on the camera. If you intend to create a movie using the still images, you can preview the result.
- You may not be able to record the set number of images depending on the remaining battery level and the amount of free space on the recording medium. Supply power via USB while shooting, and use a memory card with sufficient space.
- When the shooting interval is short, the camera may get hot easily. Depending on the ambient temperature, you may not be able to record the set number of images because the camera may stop recording to protect the equipment.
- During interval shooting (including the time between pressing the shutter button and the start of shooting), you cannot operate the dedicated shooting setting screen or MENU screen. However, you can adjust some settings such as the shutter speed with using the customized dial or control wheel.
- During interval shooting, auto review is not displayed.
- [Shutter Type in Interval] is set to [Electronic Shutter] as a default, regardless of the setting for [Shutter Type].
- Interval shooting is unavailable in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Intelligent Auto]
- [Pixel Shift Multi Shoot.] is set to other than [Off]