Configure settings related to the folder and file name of the still image to be shot.
- MENU → (Shooting) → [File] → [File/Folder Settings] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- File Number:
- You can set how to assign file numbers to still images.
- [Series]: Does not reset file numbers for each folder.
- [Reset]: Resets file numbers for each folder.
- Forced File Number Reset:
- Resets the still image file number and creates a new folder.
- Set File Name:
- You can specify the first three characters of the file name.
- Folder Name:
- You can set how folder names are assigned.
- [Standard Form]: Folders are named as “folder number + any 5 characters”. Example: 100MSDCF
[Date Form]: Folders are named as “folder number + Y (the last digit of the year)/MM/DD”.
Example: 10010405 (Folder number: 100; date: 04/05/2021)
- The settings for [File Number] and [Set File Name] are applied to both Slot 1 and Slot 2.
- When [File Number] is set to [Series], file numbers will be assigned sequentially across the memory cards in the slots even if you switch the setting for [Rec. Media Settings] → [Recording Media] between Slot 1 and 2.
- When [Folder Name] is set to [Standard Form], the last 5 characters of the folder name can be set using [Create New Folder].
- You can also change the last five characters of the folder name by using [Forced File Number Reset].
- Only capital letters, numbers, and underscores can be used for [Set File Name]. Underscores cannot be used for the first character.
- The three characters specified using [Set File Name] are only applied to files recorded after the setting is made.