Face/Eye Prior. in AF (still image/movie)
Sets whether or not the camera detects faces or eyes inside the focus area while performing autofocus, and then focuses on the eyes automatically (Eye AF).
- MENU → (Focus) → [Face/Eye AF] → [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focuses on the faces or eyes with priority if there are faces or eyes inside or around the designated focus area.
- Does not prioritize faces or eyes when performing auto-focusing.
- By combining the [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] function with [Focus Area] → [Tracking], you can maintain focus on a moving eye or face.
- When [Face/Eye Priority Select] is assigned to the desired key using [Custom Key Setting] or [Custom Key Setting], you can switch the [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] function on or off by pressing the key.
- By assigning [Face/Eye Prio. Off Hold] or [Face/Eye Prio. Off Tggle.] to the desired key with [Custom Key Setting], you can switch [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] to [Off] temporarily using the key.
- If the camera does not detect any faces or eyes inside or around the designated focus area, it will focus on another detectable subject.
- When the shooting mode is set to [Intelligent Auto], [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] is locked to [On].