Image Quality Settings: File Format (still image)
Sets the file format for still images.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Image Quality] → [Image Quality Settings] → [File Format] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Digital processing is not performed on this file format. Select this format to process images on a computer for professional purposes.
- RAW & JPEG/RAW & HEIF:
- A RAW image and a JPEG or HEIF image are created at the same time. This is suitable when you need two image files, a JPEG or HEIF for viewing, and a RAW for editing.
- The image is recorded in the JPEG or HEIF format.
- When [Recording Media] is set to [Sort Recording], you can select the file format for each slot from among RAW and JPEG, or RAW and HEIF.
About RAW images
- To open a RAW image file recorded with this camera, the software Imaging Edge Desktop is needed. With Imaging Edge Desktop, you can open a RAW image file, then convert it into a popular image format such as JPEG or TIFF, or readjust the white balance, saturation or contrast of the image.
- RAW images recorded with this camera have a resolution of 14 bits per pixel.
- You can set the compression method for RAW images using [RAW File Type].
- If you do not intend to edit the images on your computer, we recommend that you record in JPEG or HEIF format.
- An environment supporting the HEIF format is required to play back HEIF images.