Wind Noise Reduct.
Sets whether or not to reduce wind noise by cutting the low-range sound of the input audio from the built-in microphone. This function cannot be used during slow-motion/quick-motion shooting.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Audio Recording] → [Wind Noise Reduct.] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The camera automatically detects and reduces wind noise.
- Always reduces wind noise.
- Does not reduce wind noise.
- The sound quality may vary from the normal recording settings when [Wind Noise Reduct.] is set to [On].
- When an external microphone (sold separately) is used, [Wind Noise Reduct.] does not function.
- When [Wind Noise Reduct.] is set to [Auto] while [Audio Out Timing] is set to [Live], the wind noise reduction effect cannot be confirmed by audio monitoring during recording. Audio with reduced wind noise is recorded in the movie. Also, when live-streaming audio using the USB streaming function, audio with reduced wind noise is streamed.
- If you change the [Wind Noise Reduct.] setting while recording a movie, noise may be produced when the setting is changed and become recorded in the movie.