You can record a moment that cannot be captured by the naked eye (slow-motion recording), or record a long-term phenomenon into a compressed movie (quick-motion recording). For example, you can record an intense sports scene, the moment when a bird starts to fly, a blooming flower, and a changing view of clouds or a starry sky. Sound will not be recorded.
- Set the Still/Movie/S&Q dial to S&Q (S&Q Motion).
- Use the mode dial to select the desired shooting mode.
- Select MENU → (Shooting) → [Image Quality] → [S&Q Settings] → Select an item to set, and then select the desired setting.
- Press the MOVIE (movie) button to start recording.
- Press the MOVIE button again to stop recording.
Menu item details
- Rec Frame Rate:
- Selects the frame rate of the movie.
- Frame Rate:
- Selects the shooting frame rate.
- Record Setting:
- Selects the bit rate, color sampling, and bit depth of the movie.
- The values that can be set for [Rec Frame Rate] and [Record Setting] are the same as the setting values for [Movie Settings].
- The format of the recorded movie will be the same as the [File Format] setting.
Playback speedThe playback speed will vary as below depending on the assigned [Rec Frame Rate] and [Frame Rate].
When [NTSC/PAL Selector] is set to NTSC
|Frame Rate||Rec Frame Rate: 24p||Rec Frame Rate: 30p||Rec Frame Rate: 60p||Rec Frame Rate: 120p|
|120fps||5 times slower||4 times slower||2 times slower||Normal playback speed|
|60fps||2.5 times slower||2 times slower||Normal playback speed||2 times quick|
|30fps||1.25 times slower||Normal playback speed||2 times quick||4 times quick|
|15fps||1.6 times quick||2 times quick||4 times quick||8 times quick|
|8fps||3 times quick||3.75 times quick||7.5 times quick||15 times quick|
|4fps||6 times quick||7.5 times quick||15 times quick||30 times quick|
|2fps||12 times quick||15 times quick||30 times quick||60 times quick|
|1fps||24 times quick||30 times quick||60 times quick||120 times quick|
When [NTSC/PAL Selector] is set to PAL
|Frame Rate||Rec Frame Rate: 25p||Rec Frame Rate: 50p||Rec Frame Rate: 100p|
|100fps||4 times slower||2 times slower||Normal playback speed|
|50fps||2 times slower||Normal playback speed||2 times quick|
|25fps||Normal playback speed||2 times quick||4 times quick|
|12fps||2.08 times quick||4.16 times quick||8.33 times quick|
|6fps||4.16 times quick||8.33 times quick||16.66 times quick|
|3fps||8.33 times quick||16.66 times quick||33.33 times quick|
|2fps||12.5 times quick||25 times quick||50 times quick|
|1fps||25 times quick||50 times quick||100 times quick|
- [120fps]/[100fps] cannot be selected when [File Format] is set to following items:
- XAVC HS 4K
- XAVC S 4K
- XAVC S-I 4K
- For an estimation of recordable time, refer to “Recordable movie times.”
- In slow-motion/quick-motion recording, the actual shooting time differs from the time recorded in the movie. The recordable time displayed toward the top of the monitor shows the remaining recording time for the movie, not the remaining recording time on the memory card.
- In slow-motion recording, the shutter speed becomes faster and you may not be able to obtain the proper exposure. If this happens, decrease the aperture value or set the ISO sensitivity to a higher value.
- During slow-motion/quick-motion recording, the following functions are not available.
- [Time Code Run]
- [Time Code Output]