If you press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned, you can recall useful functions such as automatically focusing on a subject in the center of the screen in accordance with the focus area settings.
MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [Custom Key/Dial Set.] or [Custom Key/Dial Set.] → desired key, then assign the [Focus Standard] function to the key.
Press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- What you can do by pressing the key varies depending on the setting for [Focus Area].
Examples of [Focus Standard] key functions
When [Focus Area] is set to any of the following parameters, pressing the key moves the focusing frame back to the center of the monitor or to the subject you are tracking:
- [Spot: S]/[Spot: M]/[Spot: L]
- [Expand Spot]
- [Tracking: Zone]
- [Tracking: Spot S]/[Tracking: Spot M]/[Tracking: Spot L]
- [Tracking: Expand Spot]
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide], [Center Fix], [Tracking: Wide], or [Tracking: Center Fix], pressing the key in the autofocus mode makes the camera focus on the center of the screen. If you press the key while recording a movie with manual focus, you can temporarily switch to autofocus and focus on the center of the screen.
- You cannot set the [Focus Standard] function to [Left Button], [Right Button] or [Down Button] of the control wheel.