Cnct. while Power OFF (smartphone)
Sets whether or not to accept Bluetooth connections from a smartphone while the camera is turned off. When [Cnct. while Power OFF] is set to [On], you can browse images on the camera's memory card and transfer images from the camera to a smartphone by operating the smartphone.
- MENU → (Network) → [Smartphone Connect] → [Cnct. while Power OFF] → desired setting.
Menu Item Details
- On :
- Accepts Bluetooth connections from a smartphone while the camera is turned off.
The battery level is depleted gradually while the camera is turned off. If you do not want to use [Cnct. while Power OFF], turn it off.
- Off :
- Does not accept Bluetooth connections from a smartphone while the camera is turned off.
How to browse/transfer images on the smartphone
Refer to “Pairing the camera with a smartphone (Smartphone Regist.) ” to pair the camera and smartphone in advance.
- Set [Cnct. while Power OFF] to [On].
- Turn off the camera.
- Launch Imaging Edge Mobile on the smartphone.
- Select [View and Import] on the smartphone.
- The images saved on the memory card of the camera can be viewed and are ready to be transferred.
- If the smartphone is not operated for a certain period of time, the Bluetooth connection will become deactivated. Select [View and Import] again on the smartphone.
- When the camera is turned on, the camera will switch to the shooting screen, and the connection with the smartphone will be terminated.
- [Cnct. while Power OFF] will be set to [Off] if you cancel pairing between the camera and the smartphone or pairing fails.
- If the function does not work properly, check the following notes and then try pairing again.
- Ensure that the camera is either not connected to any other device or connected to only one device using Bluetooth communication. (Up to 2 devices can be connected to the camera at the same time.)
- Confirm that [Airplane Mode] for the camera is set to [Off].
- If the function does not work properly even after you have performed the above operations, delete the pairing information for the device that you want to connect using [Manage Paired Device] on the camera.