Image Quality Settings: RAW File Type
Selects the file type for RAW images.
- MENU → (Shooting) → [Image Quality] → [Image Quality Settings] → [RAW File Type] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Records images in uncompressed RAW format. When [Uncompressed] is selected for [RAW File Type], the file size of the image will be larger than if it were recorded in compressed RAW format.
- Lossless Comp:
- Records images using the lossless compression method, which causes no deterioration in image quality and has a high compression rate.
- Records images in compressed RAW format. The file size of the image will be approximately half of that with [Uncompressed].
- The [RAW File Type] icons are displayed as shown below.
- Lossless compression:
- The aspect ratio for RAW images is always 3:2. JPEG/HEIF images are recorded with the aspect ratio set in [Aspect Ratio] when RAW images and JPEG/HEIF images are recorded at the same time.
- The image size for RAW images corresponds to the “L” size for JPEG images.
- You cannot record RAW images with different formats to Slot 1 and Slot 2. Even when [Recording Media] is set to [Sort Recording], each slot has the same setting for [RAW File Type].